Gobeil's Exam Writing Techniques™ for Multiple-Choice Questions
is a computer-based course that presents important techniques to quickly and correctly answer multiple-choice questions on Financial Planning Examinations.
For many years, you have been successfully passing multiple-choice examinations or you would not be writing the CFP®, QAFP™, or AFP® Examination. However, you are about to write a multiple-choice examination that only 75% of the candidates will pass. Despite your hundreds of hours of studying, you may fail because your exam writing techniques are not up to snuff.
David Gobeil, MSc, CPA, CA, CFP® has been teaching candidates how to pass the Examinations since the first CFP® Exam in 1997. Candidates repeating the examination several times have passed after taking his courses. He has distilled these critical exam writing techniques into a self-study course.
Gobeil's Exam Writing Techniques is a series of lessons that are interspersed with multiple-choice questions. For example, in one lesson, David will describe the nature of the combination question, you will answer ten such questions, the software will score your answers, David will explain the technique to use in answering combination questions, you will answer ten more such questions using the technique, the software will score your answers, and David will summarize the lesson.
The Techniques address:
- combination questions, which have alternatives and choices;
- difficult questions, which exceed your knowledge;
- calculation questions, which must be approached rigorously;
- time value of money questions, which are so easy to get wrong; and
- lengthy questions, which can waste your valuable time.
The Techniques also address:
- analyzing case study backgrounds, which include irrelevant information;
- analyzing questions to determine what information is, and is not, required; and
- most importantly, dealing with time management to avoid leaving those last few questions unanswered.
Gobeil's Exam Writing Techniques™ for Multiple-Choice Questions is a trademark of D. R. Gobeil & Associates Ltd.